Dave Blake has over 20 years of combined sworn and non-sworn experience in both federal and state law enforcement
Dave Blake currently facilitates a highly regarded use of force/human factors based course to tenured officers, investigators, and attorneys in multiple states. He also teaches the practical application of force and it's constitutional underpinnings to tenured officers at a large regional training center.
Dave remains current through memberships with:
- International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP).
- International Law Enforcement Educators and Trainers Association (ILEETA).
- The Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences (ACJS).
- The Human Factors & Ergonomics Society (HFES)*.
- The American Psychological Association (APA)*.
* Members bound by a code of ethics.
- Ph.D. Candidate; currently researching "mistake-of-fact shootings".
- M.Sc. in Psychology; Thesis research circumscribed deadly force reaction time, decision making, and fatigue.
- B.Sc. in Criminal Justice Management.
- California POST Advanced Peace Officer
- California POST Officer-Involved Shootings Investigations
- California POST Force Options Simulator Instructor
- California POST Firearms Instructor
- California POST Arrest & Control Instructor
- California POST Academy Instructor
- California POST Field Training Officer
- California POST Force Encounters Analysis
- California POST Human Factors: Risk & Error Management
- Force Science Analyst
- Arminger Reality Based Training Instructor.
- Special Weapons & Tactics
Dave Blake has received over 2400 hours of law enforcement training and has provided equivalent time teaching similar skills.